Historic Home for Sale
Log House with Summer Beam # 140
This 26' x 24' oak cabin was built in Pennsylvania, circa 1800. Much more than just an "old log cabin", the hand-hewn logs in this historic log home are in great condition and measure roughly 12" on the face. The cabin is a full two stories, and included with this cabin are hand-hewn joists for the second floor (roughly 6" x 7") and a hand-hewn summer beam (roughly 8" x 10"). Also included are hand-hewn joists for the 3rd floor (attic) and some white and yellow pine flooring (mixed).
The ultimate in recycling, this reclaimed, hand-hewn log structure can be re-assembled exactly 'as-is' or used in any new house plan.
This wooden log cabin was hand-hewn from Oak over a century ago, and the simple, rustic floor-plan is livable as is. Or you can choose from any house plan and we will renotch the reclaimed logs accordingly to build you the wooden log cabin you've always dreamed of.
Included with each log building we sell:
· Careful disassembly of the buildings so as to preserve all surviving original fabric
· Loading at our end
· Supervision and 'key help' with the re-assembly of the log walls
· Secondary material (doors, flooring, etc.) only as noted in the individual building description
· Trucking costs
· Boom truck or crane for unloading and re-assembly of the log walls
· Additional help (two or three workers for two or three long days for the larger buildings will be needed)
· Installation of any secondary materials included in the building
In addtion we can provide:
· Virtually all manner of antique building materials
· Custom-built antique structure to fit any house plan
P.O. Box 366